The 2014 annual meeting for the National Association of EMS Physicians (NAEMSP) was held in Tucson in January. EMS medical directors and other EMS leaders from around the country, including the UA Department of Emergency Medicine, participated in the week -long conference with a record breaking attendance of over 800.
The conference included several sold out pre-conference courses on wilderness medicine, disaster response and advanced medical direction. The main conference was highlighted by general session lectures from national EMS leaders featuring talks on pre-hospital TXA, Ketamine, spinal immobilization, community paramedicine and more.
The DEM was well represented and included:
- Dr. Daniel W. Spaite - Association between prehospital blood pressure and TBI outcomes
- Dr. Daniel Beskind - Association between prehospital hypoglycemia & seizure
- Numerous AEMRC abstracts presenting in poster session regarding cardiac arrest and TBI
- UA faculty leadership, Drs. Joshua Gaither/Ben Bobrow/Daniel Spaite) in a day-long symposium on the implementation of EBGs in prehospital emergency care funded by NHTSA and NAEMSP
- Recent DEM work highlighted in the talk on the "five articles you don't want to miss."
Next year's NAEMSP with be in New Orleans Jan 22-24, 2015.