Students will be approved for registration for this elective through Oasis after meeting the criteria listed below in course requirements.
This course provides the opportunity to develop and conduct a research project in Emergency Medicine.
The research project will be arranged by the student and the instructor.
1. Complete HIPPA training on line - click here for link
2. Complete CITI training on line - click here for link
3. Decide the area of research that you want to be involved in and write it down.
4. Make a list of the type of research involvement you would like to have: Human/Clinical, Gopher, Publishing, Clinical Study, etc.
5. Look at articles published by the Faculty in Emergency Medicine to see what areas they are doing research in. You may click on the "Faculty" tab at the top of this page to see the links to Pub Med and each Faculty's contact information. You can also search by name to see publications on the web. Contact the Faculty Member directly to inquire about possible projects you may get involved in. It is very likely that each have great projects in a drawer just waiting for someone with your interest to help!
6. Contact Dr. Denninghoff email@example.com to set up a meeting after you have completed 1-5. The address where your meeting will take place is 1609 N. Warren Ave., Room 122. It is just fine to have met with the Faculty member you would like to work with prior to or after this meeting. Click on the "Research" tab above to learn more about research in Emergency Medicine.
7. Complete the Selection form with the Faculty member you have chosen to conduct research with. Click here for the form.
8. Bring the completed Selection form to Kristina Waters for signature. After signature you may take the form to the COM Registrar to be registered for credit. Kristina Waters will be responsible for posting your grade at the completion of the research project.
The evaluation methods will be arranged by the student and the instructor and is available for Pass and Honors.