Out-of-State Students

Due to the present circumstances surrounding COVID-19, The University of Arizona's Department of Emergency Medicine will not be offering EMD-840 or EMD-845 to visitors for the 2020/2021 academic year.

For all other academic years, out-of-state students who would like to rotate with the Department of Emergency Medicine should complete an application with the Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS).

Visiting Student Application Service

Initial documentation should include: Transcript (unofficial), USMLE board scores* and statement of intent. Students must be matriculated at an LCME-accredited medical school.

We are unable to accept students from outside of the United States. Click here for the Directory of Accredited Medical Education Programs.

Out-of-state students who rotate with our clerkships will be offered the opportunity to interview with faculty for any of the three EM Residency programs: EM Banner UMC, EM Banner UMC South Campus and EM/Peds.  Students who do not interview during the rotation will not be guaranteed a formal interview during the season. Learn more about the residency programs here

*USMLE score is required for rotation and interview with our residency programs. Osteopathic students who have completed COMLEX are still required to take the USMLE to be considered for rotation and interview. 

Great links for living in Tucson and having fun!

Parking Information