Emergency Medicine Resident Information
The Emergency Medicine Residency at The University of Arizona is a three-year PGY I, II, III Program. Since 1982 when our first residency class commenced training, Emergency Medicine has flourished in the saguaro-studded Tucson valley.
The residency utilizes two separate and unique emergency departments within metropolitan Tucson to expose our residents to the broadest variety of patients and department formats. The combined annual volume cared for by the 78 residents in our three training programs is in excess of 115,000 patients.
This residency program boasts an outstanding faculty, an internationally renowned medical center where Emergency Medicine receives great intra-institutional respect, and a progressive and exciting didactic curricula.
This year, the University Campus Program is accepting applications for 15 PGY I positions.
Imagine your future in Tucson:
- Experience 350 days a year of sunshine and a lifestyle built around the outdoors and live minutes away from hundreds of breathtaking hiking and biking trails.
- Connect to a vibrant and creative downtown, which is a major center for the creative arts, including opera, theater, dance, art galleries and museums, as well as a vibrant nightlife and live music scene.
- Choose from a phenomenal diversity of neighborhoods and lifestyles, from modern downtown loft spaces to beautifully planned family communities.
- Be a short drive from an international airport, a couple hours from Phoenix and Mexico and a half day's drive to great skiing and gorgeous beaches.
- Have all of the perks of living in a sophisticated resort town, including outstanding cuisine, world-famous golf courses and high-end shopping.
- Join other young professionals in Tucson to shape the future of a creative and progressive city and hear why young professionals love Tucson.
(Information and links courtesy of Tucson Regional Economic Opportunities)