Resident salaries as of July 1, 2018, at The University of Arizona (not including benefits):
- PGY I - $55,984
- PGY II - $58,363
- PGY III - $61,015
- PGY IV - $63,880
- PGY V - $67,382
- Books and funds for more
- Scrubs and lab coat
- Medical/Dental/Life/Liability insurance
- Free parking
- Meal stipend
All the Merit Badges you could ever want:
ACLS, ATLS, APLS, PALS, NRP, Base Station Physician Course, optional ACLS/APLS/BLS Instructor, Ultrasound certificate opportunity, AAP, ACEP, and SAEM memberships
Ambulance, helicopter and sporting event opportunities
- Simulator training, procedure workshops, Medical Spanish opportunity, Journal Club (EM and EM & Peds), ScholarQuest research, National EM and Pediatrics Conferences (partially funded), annual resident retreats.
- Banner - University Medical Center Tucson (BUMCT) and Banner - University Medical Center South (BUMCS) (academic), SAVAHCS (VA), TMC (private), International Medicine (partially funded, plus you don't lose your salary while you're gone), Indian Health Service, EM electives (e.g. Sports Medicine, Emergency Ultrasound, Wilderness Medicine, etc.), Pediatrics electives (Endo, ID, Genetics, HO, Allergy, etc.), spectrum of outpatient continuity clinic options, NICU, PICU, MICU, CCU, VA-ICU, SICU, and numerous community outreach programs.
- 360 days of sunshine
- Sonoran desert, mountains, an hour from Mexico, and 4-5 hours from the Pacific & Sea of Cortez beaches.
- Hiking, climbing, biking, Biosphere 2, observatories, parks, golf, etc.
- Sporting events: University of Arizona Wildcats, baseball spring training and minor league, two hours from Phoenix with the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL.
- Arts: National bands, broadway theater, opera, ballet, symphony, All Souls Procession, Gem & Mineral Show, Rodeo, etc.
- Residency events: Halfway EM & Peds party, RSI (funded resident social events), annual Pediatrics chili and caroling party, faculty and house-staff parties, annual Pediatrics resident vs. attending basketball game fundraiser, etc.