- To develop knowledge, skills and attitudes related to Faculty Development.
- Allow informal mentoring through open exchange of ideas and information.
- Promote relationships that could lead to collaborations inside and outside department.
- Academic promotion in the Clinical, Clinical Scholar and Tenure Tracks
- Academic promotion in the Research Track
- Faculty development for women and ethnic minorities
- Faculty development and road maps for junior faculty
- Faculty development for road maps for senior faculty
- Organization, prioritization and time management
- Bedside and classroom teaching skills
- Success and prioritizing administrative responsibilities
- Involvement with professional organizations
- Leadership and mentorship
- Academic writing
- Medical student course development
- Research budgets and collaborations
- Key concepts with biostatistics and epidemiology
- Research professionalism and teamwork
- Research ethics
- Personal finance
- Office and mobile computing